Here are the latest snippets of news relating to players connected to Posh or departing from the ABAX Stadium club:
- Adil Nabi may have just left the club through “mutual Consent” but he has already been linked with a couple of League Two clubs.
— League One Transfer Rumours (@LeagueOne_tr) June 25, 2018
- A number of Posh fans are tweeting; “Hearing on the grapevine that Maddison is under the impression he’s here for another year”!! If that’s true, then it will be good news for the strikers.
- Could Nottingham Forest midfielder Jorge Grant hold the key to signing Jack Marriott? Chairman Darragh MacAnthony tweeted this week of his admiration of Grant fuelling rumours that he could be used in a player plus cash deal for the 33-goal striker.
- The Bristol Post is yet again linking Posh to striker Lyle Taylor despite MacAnthony denying any interest. Bristol Rovers, Burton Albion, Sunderland and Ipswich Town are the other sides supposedly interested with the Black Cats leading the race for his signature.
- Danny Lloyd is the subject of interest by two Championship clubs if tweets from @D3D4Football are anything to go by.
- Another bid by a big Australian A side has been turned down by Posh for veteran defender Steven Taylor.
- A second friendly in Portugal has been arranged along with another home pre-season fixture. Details of both matches will be announced shortly by Posh.
- Norwich City are latest Championship club to register an interest in Jack Marriott. The Mirror suggests that they won’t be able to bid for the 33-goal striker until they sell at least one more player and that’s after raking in £20 million for midfielder James Maddison to Leicester City!
- Posh are aiming to add one or two more players to the first team squad but will obviously bring in more players should Jack Marriott or Marcus Maddison be sold.
- Grant McCann looks like he could be following in the footsteps of former Posh boss Darren Ferguson by taking over the reigns at Doncaster Rovers.